People of all ages love commercial skipping, but seniors may have the most to gain. These are 5 good reasons why less advertising would make video-watching more elder-friendly.
- We lose track. Wisdom may increase with age, but short term memory does not. After you sit through 3 commercials, it’s hard to be sure if you started out watching a cooking demonstration or a historical documentary. You wind up with a half-baked lasagna and no idea how the Peloponnesian War turned out.
- We think there’s something wrong with our hearing. Commercials tend to sound 10 times louder than the video they interrupt. Wearing a hearing aid does not make this experience more pleasant.
- We have got to stop snacking. In the old days, commercials were an opportunity to go raid the refrigerator. Now, commercial breaks sometimes last for only 12 seconds so we can’t get to the kitchen and back anyway. Even if we could, why encourage post-middle age spread?
- We already stopped buying new stuff. Most commercials are not geared towards mature audiences because we’ve already got most of the stuff we need. We’re just looking for someplace to unload a half century of holiday presents and popsicle crafts brought home from summer camp. We don’t even want to mention the electronic devices that stopped working during the Reagan administration.
- Commercials just remind us of how old we are. Even if we’re comfortable with who we are, it’s a little disconcerting when you never see someone your own age unless an ad for funeral insurance comes along. It’s enough to make you suspect that you’re the last person on the planet who remembers the Reagan administration.
Hey all you SkipIt fans (or soon to be SkipIt fans), We take your satisfaction seriously. Seriously!
We recognize that there are all kinds of products on the internet that ask you to sign up for a free account or may even ask you to save payment information. The problem is they’re not all straight forward about what happens if you don’t like the service. Well, things are different at SkipIt. The SkipIt team prides itself on striving to give you the best customer experience possible on the internet. That’s why we’ve built the SkipIt business based off of the SkipIt Pledge. Basically, if you’re not satisfied with your experience with SkipIt – The product for skipping video ads on the internet, neither are we.
At SkipIt we take your satisfaction seriously.
We monitor our SkipIt partners across the web to make sure you’re getting a consistent and honest experience each and every time you use SkipIt. We back it all up with the SkipIt Pledge.
If at any time you’re not satisfied with your SkipIt experience we’ll do what’s in our power to make it right, or we’ll return your unused balance. It’s that simple. No crazy hoops to jump through. We want you to have a great experience while you’re using SkipIt and we want you to have that same great experience when you decide it’s not for you, too. SkipIt respects your security and privacy and we only implement policies that put you first. It’s easy to get a hold of us and that’s the way it should be.
Just visit our help center to let us know what we can do for you.
You’re the reason we’re here, and we pledge to you that your experience will be sweet.
So there you go. As you can see whether you’re watching movies online, playing online games or watching today’s top stories on a news site where SkipIt is supported we’ll do right by you if you’re not satisfied.